Monday, May 5, 2008

One of the coolest things we've done recently...


MARCH AIR FORCE BASE, AIR FEST 2008

In Ethan's words...this was "SPECTACULAR!!" I had never seen anything like it. First of all, I will never in my entire life fully grasp the thought that a huge HUNK OF METAL can just fly through the air. Seriously, I can't get over it. Whenever I fly, I have to sit by the window just to make sure we're staying UP. I've gotten over being a total freak and planning for my death each time I fly, but I still look out the window and just can't BELIEVE that I am flying! So to see not only huge hunks of metal (sounds like a band name!) flying through the air, but flipping and falling and zooming and....oh, I thought my brain was going to explode! It was exhilerating!!!

So...I will share some of our fun with you...



The Thunderbirds put on a show. It was amazing!

They did a stunt where it really did look like they were going to crash, going straight at each other...but they didn't, by what looked like inches to us!

Eating lunch under the wing of a very large hunk of flying metal


Auntie Becky taking the girls on a flight...of stairs:) I couldn't resist.

I followed with the camera. This is the inside of that carrier.

And the view from the other side...
These are active fighter jets. They just stopped by for a friendly Hello, then back to work just hours after the open house. The pilots were there to talk and pose...with everyone.

*************************************************


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff! My favorites - planes with trails coming from upper left corner of the frame, tail of plane in bottom left, ethan with his mouth wide open, and guy inside of the nose. Love 'em!

May 15, 2008 at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home